Mintek is seeking two independent Audit and Risk Committee members
Mintek has advertised vacancies for two independent members to serve in the Audit and Risk Committee (ARC) of the Mintek Board. An ARC is a subcommittee of the Mintek Board constituted to review the control, governance, and risk management within an institution established in terms of Section 77 of the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA) and Treasury Regulations, and operate according to its approved Charter.
The independent members will serve only on the ARC and may not serve on the Mintek Board. The purpose of this appointment is to compliment the ARC with specialised skills that will strengthen the functioning of the Committee.
The independent ARC members will be appointed for a term of three years aligned to the term of the existing board.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- A relevant degree or equivalent qualification. Any of the following: CA (SA) /CIA/ MBA/ Economics/ ICT qualification would be an added advantage.
- Experience in Financial Accounting, Taxation, Auditing, Corporate Governance, Risk Management and Audit and Risk Committee.
- Knowledge of Internal and External Audit, Risk Management, Public Finance Management Act and Treasury Regulations, Enterprise Wide Risk Management (EWRM), the COSO model, the Public Sector Risk Management Framework, PPPFA, and POPIA.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Audit and Risk Committee, preferably in a public institution is required.
- Review annual financial statements and establish whether the statements have been prepared in accordance with the PFMA and related Treasury Regulations, including the applicable accounting framework.
- Provide oversight on the review and monitoring of the implementation of the risk management framework, policy, charter and strategy.
- Provide advice on ICT governance, controls, access, and safeguarding of information.
- Review compliance with laws and regulations and other related requirements
Remuneration will be in accordance with the rate as determined by the National Treasury and approved by the Department of Mineral Resources and Energy.
How to Submit Applications
Applications, accompanied by comprehensive curriculum vitae and a certified ID copy should be sent Mintekcv@mintek.co.za by Wednesday, 26 June 2023. Telephonic enquiries can be directed to: 011 709 4045. View advert here.