Mintek’s Postdoc Fellowship program aims to enhance the research capability of PhD graduates to enable them to pursue a career in research and develop as future leaders of the innovation system.
Why choose Mintek for your postdoc fellowship
- Fellows will be mentored by top researchers in mineral characterisation and processing, extractive metallurgy, and mining materials and process control.
- Fellows will work with high performance teams, have access to state-of-the-art piloting facilities and participate in strategic research programmes.
- Fellows will have access to comprehensive training, development and mentorship programme.
- Fellows will be supported through a settling-in internal grant of up to R300k (to develop research proposals, attend workshops/conferences, visit national/international laboratories, etc.).
- Fellows will be supported to apply for external grants in order to establish their research careers.
- Fellows will have an opportunity to gain international exposure through international conferences/training, profiled mentors, visiting experts, collaboration and exchange initiatives.
- Fellows will have an opportunity to participate in industry research.
- Management and leadership of research teams.
- Participation in science engagement and advocacy.
General eligibility criteria
Fellowships are open to South African citizens, permanent residents as well as international candidates. Applicants must have graduated with their doctoral degree in the following:
- All Engineering fields
- Applied Mathematics
- Computer Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Material Sciences
Duration of Fellowship
The duration of the research fellowship is a three-year fixed contract.